WE OFFER JUNIOR & ADULT COACHING
Coaching is available at the club to suit all ages and standards, from total beginners to advanced and
performance players. Our coaches are trained to deliver tennis suitable to the age and ability of the
student. We use the ITF Play and Stay coaching method to ensure players are using the correct
equipment, on an appropriate court to allow them to develop while having fun! Play and Stay
coaching involves using smaller rackets and courts, and using slower lower bouncing balls to all
players to gain the skills they need with equipment appropriate to their size, age and level.
LEARN AND HONE YOUR SKILLS...
using our highly skilled and experienced coaches.
SCHOOLS OUTREACH PROGRAMME
Castlebar Tennis Club are now taking bookings for the 2023 Spring and Summer season. Schools can avail of the following:
- On-site: Coach led programmes in the Dome during curriculum time. Our coaches are trained to deliver coaching to up to 30 children in our indoor tennis courts, ensuring all players are active throughout the session. All equipment is provided. Sessions can be for a series of weeks, or we can accommodate school sports days/blitz days where we can accommodate up to four classes at a time.
- In your playground/hall: Coaches are available to deliver coaching to up to 30 children per session in your playground/hall. Using the Tennis Ireland Club School Link lesson plans that
compliment the games strand of the curriculum all students will be active for the session using micro courts and learning all the skills required to enable them to play the game without the need for a tennis court. Sessions can be run for a series of weeks, or in one day with all students receiving an introductory session.
- Teacher Training: Our coaches are trained to deliver teacher upskill courses that will allow primary and secondary school teachers to deliver tennis during their PE sessions.
- Lunchtime Leader Course: Our coaches are trained to deliver this course to student sin Transition Year or older classes. This course will enable students of the school to lead lunchtime clubs for students int eh younger classes during school lunchtime.
For more info on our schools outreach programme contact Olwyn on 086 3514123
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY EVENTS
At Castlebar Tennis Club we are passionate about tennis and allowing as many people to experience this healthy sport for life. We are also passionate about giving back to our community, and so we are launching our Corporate Social Responsibility initiative for 2023. With a portion of profits relocated to our impact fund you will not only be delivering wellness for your staff, but also for people within
our community who cannot access tennis themselves. For every hour your company enjoys a CSR programme we will deliver an hour of coaching to people in our community who cannot currently
access tennis, including those in Direct Provision, Ukrainian refugees, those living in poverty/homelessness, people with disabilities, people who are unemployed and many more.
We offer bespoke tennis wellness packages for businesses of any size. These packages can be from 2-6 hours per day and all equipment is provided. As we are lucky to have 4 indoor courts these events can be run all year round.
Our packages include the following and can be tailored to your companies needs, size and desires:
- Team Building
- Tennis, Health & Wellness (with partner organisations at an extra cost)
- Cardio Tennis (fitness sessions)
- Family Fun Days
- Corporate Competition Days
- Wimbledon Strawberries and cream
- Grand Slam themed events
For more information on Corporate Social Responsibility packages contact Olwyn on 086 351 4123
Olwyn O’Toole is a Level 3 Tennis Ireland coach with 25 years’ experience in developing grassroots tennis. Olwyn works for Tennis Ireland as the Access Tennis & Schools coordinator with responsibility for the development and growth of tennis in schools and communities nationwide. She is also currently working with the club to develop all aspects of the programme, including coaching for all players from ages 3yrs plus, an introduction of appropriate competitions for all standards.
She will be growing the club through new initiatives including the Castlebar Schools Outreach
Programme and a new Corporate Social Responsibility project that will allow the club to introduce tennis to a wider community including refugees, those living in Direct Provision and those living in poverty. For more info on Corporate Social Responsibility sessions for your company whether small, medium, or large contact Olwyn on 086 351 4123.
Jan Frydrych is a Level 1 Tennis Ireland coach who heads up our Enjoy Tennis programme and Performance coaching sessions. Jan also delivers coaching to primary and secondary schools and is available for private individual and group coaching.
Tim Clarke is a Level 2 coach who has been developing tennis across communities in Roscommon, Leitrim, and Longford for 9 years. Tim was the Tennis Ireland Connacht Coach of the Year in 2021 and specialises in recreational tennis and primary school coaching. He has also been delivering the Enjoy Tennis programme (tennis for players with disabilities) and is trained to deliver teacher training courses. Tim is available for private individual and group coaching.